Search This Blog

Saturday 27 June 2015

Hedgehogs everywhere!



It turns out I was mistaken - Mr Hedges was actually Mrs Hedges.  You can't see them terribly well but there are actually two baby hedgehogs in this picture; the other evening they, and their slimmed down mum, were foraging quite openly in my garden.  We were so taken with the adorable twins that we didn't notice mum at first, but then we realised there were three sets of scuffing, grunting, chewing sounds.  One baby actually crawled into an upturned watering can to raid the slugs, snails and woodlice in there.  I was worried it might get stuck, but it got out just fine and I never use anything harmful like pesticides when I water.  I suspect there are actually more of them because the plants in the back of my garden were shaking in exactly the same way as the ones where we saw the trio feeding.  So happy to see them having such a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment